Lote 8, Calle Catorce Norte No. 171
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo
Tel: (98) 4803 3388 Fax: (98) 4803 4306
ih Riviera Maya: firstname.lastname@example.org
International House Riviera Maya belongs to IH World , an internationally recognized network of schools with presence in over 150 countries and 155 locations worldwide.
We are experts in:
- Spanish courses for students from all over the world
- English courses for local people
- Spanish and English teacher training
- The application of Cambridge English Language Assessment exams
- Sending Mexican students to foreign countries to learn languages
International House Riviera Maya opened in 2004 and it is located in Playa del Carmen, an incomparable place in the Mexican Caribbean coast. The school is the result of the collaboration between IH México and IH Barcelona, and benefits from the over 30 years of experience in language teaching and teacher training that both centres provide.
Our school is dedicated to the teaching of Spanish and English, with the highest standards in teaching methodology, human attention and cultural development. We are committed to our students, in order to provide them with the best choice in language learning.
The teaching system at International House Riviera Maya is designed in order for the student to develop the four language skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) in an integral way.
In the case of Spanish students, we complete their immersion in the Mexican culture with a wide social program that includes Mexican cooking classes and salsa classes, a tour around the city, a cocktail night and tours we organize to the most interesting and attractive places of the area. We also offer them a language exchange that we organize periodically with university students, as well as the chance to stay with Mexican families, so their immersion is total.
In the case of English students, we have eight levels that will provide the student with the necessary tools to develop any activity in any environment with English as a second language. Our levels are assessed by the Cambridge English Language Assessment certifications.
Besides having experience and university degrees, our teachers have specific training regarding language teaching, as well as internationally recognized certifications that prove it and that constitute an essential requirement in order to be part of the International House team.
The school also has a student’s residence at the service of all our visitors, and has become one of the most popular options among our students when it comes to accommodation. The residence is downtown, two blocks away from the school, and it has 22 perfectly equipped rooms with two beds, private bathroom, desk, TV, ceiling fan, air conditioning and a fridge. Also, the student has the possibility to choose his/her accommodation regime: breakfast, breakfast and dinner or no meals.
- General Spanish courses (intensive and extensive group/private courses) that can be complemented with Mexican cooking or salsa classes, Mexican culture courses or diving courses.
- General English courses (intensive and extensive group/private courses)
- English for Specific Purposes
- English Kids Classes
- Business and medical Spanish courses (1:1 or 2:1)
- DELE exam preparation courses
- Specific YLE, KET, PET, FCE, CAE, CPE, ILEC, ICFE, BEC, IELTS, TKT preparation courses (Cambridge English Language Assessment authorized centre)
- Spanish teacher training (FPELE)
- English teacher training (CELTA, DELTA, ICELT)
Ver ih México en un mapa ampliado